Monday 17 December 2012

Year 7 Christmas Poem!


Here is the winning poem that made it on to our website! This pupil is very creative indeed! Well done! 

Merry Christmas Year 7


Night before Christmas parody

(Written in the perspective of a madman who hates Christmas.)

It was the night before Christmas and in my house not a creature was stirring, not even a wood louse.  


Inside my stocking I put in a mouse trap in hope Saint Nick would put his hand in there so I could catch him in the act.

Hours passed still no sight I was going to give up and call it a night.

But then I saw a figure upon him I leaped; only to find out that my captive was a chimney sweep.


“Oh hello, oh hello, oh please let me go, I have forty four windows and four left to go!”

After that mishap I made my house secure I turned on the chimney fire and locked the front door.

When I was on guard I looked out at the sky then I grew tired and decided to rest my eyes.

At twelve o clock midnight I decided to rest my head suddenly I dozed and did a big Z.

As I woke up this morning I looked up in strain, the little red vandal had struck again!

The fire put out, the tainted milk not drunk; I didn’t catch him this time my heart sunk.

But then I looked in pure glee I got what I wanted under the tree.

It was a little sweet, in it’s wrapper it was snug; I looked at the sweet it was a HUMBUG!


No comments:

Post a Comment